I installed Geth, and successfully synced the blockchain. However, regardless of whether I use Ethminer, Ethminer with Stratum Proxy, or qtMiner; I always get the same error. It doesn't really throw an error; the mining application just crashes. For ethminer, the command I used is:
ethminer -U -F http://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:80/0xc780f6a9de1cca4e3e5bb25e9dfe0ee52d6d87a6 (source)
The output I get is:
Forked from github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum CUDA kernel ported from Tim Hughes' OpenCL kernel With contributions from RoBiK, tpruvot and sp_ Please consider a donation to: ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d Using grid size 8192, block size 128 Found suitable CUDA device [GeForce GTX 980 Ti] with 6442450944 bytes of GPU memory miner 15:47:47|main Getting work package... miner 15:47:47|main Grabbing DAG for #129656acΓÇª
When I use ethminer with Stratum Proxy, I get this line of output while ethminer is running:
2017-06-22 16:48:19,914 INFO proxy # Hashrate for 2130706433 is 0.0 MHs
Here's the troubleshooting I've tried so far:
- Using different miners (qtminer, ethminer, etc.)
- Using different mining pools (dwarfpool, ethermine, etc.)
- Clearing the blockchain and resyncing more times than I can count
I am attempting to mine on my Windows 10 machine with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti card. At this point, I've spent several days reading/trying everything I can. I suspect there's something dumb that I overlooked. Any thoughts? Thanks!
- If I switch ethminer to mine Expanse (change
exp-eu.dwarfpool.com:81), then everything works perfectly.
- I tried claymore miner, and it works. However, it was much slower than mining EXP with ethminer; so I would prefer to figure out how to get ethminer mining ETH properly.