I'm in need of some help! I'm developing a project where I'm supposed to implement an ethereum payment system that will then be installed in a point of sale (POS) in a retail store. The idea is not to use any gateway available in the market, so I need to understand what would be the best way to develop the whole system. I have already investigated and found that using smart contracts and the web3js library could be an option:
- The merchant creates a smart contract with the value and inserts it into the blockchain.
- The POS shows a QR Code with the data needed for the payment
- The customer reads the QR Code through his wallet and executes the payment
- The amount is entered into the contract
- The merchant withdraws the contract value to your wallet
I would like to know if you find this option workable and if it could be successful. I am available for any new ideas!