Actual problem in mind
I would like to release a token for the Island DAO.
I'm worried that ETH gas prices are prohibitively expensive - if I use ETH, the smaller guys will not come.
But ETH is the chain with the most amount of capital - if I don't use ETH, the bigger guys will not come.
That is why I would like to have best of both worlds from the ground up
- Be available on Ethereum mainnet
- Be available on other, much more affordable chain
Projects in the space
- Binance bridge: https://www.binance.org/en/bridge
- AnySwap bridge: https://anyswap.exchange/bridge
- XDAI omni bridge: https://omni.xdaichain.com/
- ETH / BSC / Terra shuttle: https://github.com/terra-project/shuttle
- UPDATE. Yet another bridge: https://burgerswap.org/
Additional consideration: Oracles and other parts of DeFi ecosystem?
That is on the ETH chain only, BSC does not have native oracles deployed to the mainnet.