I set up a private blockchain with ganache in the server. Now I want to view the transactions like in the public blockchain explorer. Locally I use Ganache GUI where I can actually track down everything. How can I do the same for my private blockchain?
You are able to use Blockscout as a block explorer for
To do a local trial run I recommend using Blockscout via Docker:
- Start a local chain via
- Clone Blockscout and change to
- Run (assuming you are on macOS)
COIN=ETH \ ETHEREUM_JSONRPC_VARIANT=ganache \ ETHEREUM_JSONRPC_HTTP_URL=http://host.docker.internal:8545 \ ETHEREUM_JSONRPC_WS_URL=ws://host.docker.internal:8545 \ make start
- the first build takes a lot of time (about 15m on my machine)
- consecutive starts are much faster
You are able to permanently set up Blockscout by following their (manual) install doc.
Ethernal (https://tryethernal.com/) is an open-source block explorer for private EVM-based chains. You'll have the same feature as Etherscan or Ganache UI but you can connect it to any chain.
(I am the developer of this project)
I prefer explorer from etherparty.
- you can change the host and port from here as today's version. app/app.js Line no: 30.