Since the Geth issue it's been near impossible to keep up with the blockchain syncing, because it will often get stuck on one block forever.
I've been trying to copy these instructions from a similar question that got lots of upvotes:
If you are on a Mac, you would do this...
- Right click on the ethereum-wallet.app and select 'show package contents'
- Open 'contents', then 'frameworks', then 'node', then 'geth' and voila.
- Then you should right click on geth and select 'show info'.
- Copy the location marked 'Where:'.
- Open Terminal and type 'cd `
- Then type: ./geth --fast
However these instructions make no sense to me. The whole instruction says to copy a location and then proceeds to do nothing with that information.
What am I doing wrong? I tried the commands on the last two points in succession and nothing happened.