Consider the following scenario. A person owns a asset called "A". Now the asset is very high valued and unique but you can allow other persons to own a certain part of that asset.
- EDIT: Ownership can be claimed iff certain funds are raised as decided by the owner. Like a crowdsale but for ownership . Hope it makes sense
At first I thought about ERC721 but then how can I divide it so that I can send a piece to each interested person?
Ideas I came across so far:
- Create a ERC721 token and wrap it in ERC20 token and then distribute them
- Create a simple ERC721 token with added function of totalSupply to mint multiple of them
- Send the same ERC721 token to multiple persons and keep track of who owns them
- Creating a simple ERC20 token and keep limited supply but I can't figure out how to keep them unique.
- Any standards that might be implementing this and I might be unaware
I am looking for ideas/answers/is this even possible?/would any of the above ideas work? type of thing and all suggestions are welcomed. If you think something is missing, let me know and I can edit the question as well to better suite the responses. Thank you all in advance.
- EDIT-2: After digging in this area, came across this on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/etherscan/comments/7wgcc8/fractional_ownership_of_erc721_tokens/.
Any suggestions on how to implement this kind of thing as it matches a lot with my requirements
- EDIT-3 : Came across this and would like to know is it a viable solution or not https://github.com/ethereum/eips/issues/1155