I am an undergraduate student studying Ethereum in South Korea.
Currently, I am developing an online election system that can be applied.
At first, I came up with this idea:
- The system has an ETC that matches the number of voters.
- Verify that the voter has the right to vote.
- If a voter can vote, open a personal account; the system deposits 1ETC into the account.
- After the election, count the results.
- Voters can check where they deposited their money through their personal accounts (only themselves can check the address of the account).
And after studying the ZKP(Zero-Knowledge Proof), I found that voters could prove they voted for someone without opening their personal accounts to the system.
We also found that the system only needed to have encrypted remittance records, not personal account information.
This can help secure voter information(The system does not own personal information).
But if I develop an online election system using Zero-Knowledge Proof, I wonder why need to use Ethereum?
Without using Ethereum, I think the hash function allows us to implement the ZK-proof and create functions such as remittance and voting.
So I ask this question.
1. What is a rational reason why we must use Ethereum?
2. Without using Ethereum, can I create a safe election system? How can I prove that stability?
Even if you think I have a low understanding of Ethereum, please provide me with a chance to learn and grow.