I am exploring on System Impact risk assessment and mitigation plan during a block chain (ex –Ethereum) hard fork.
1) What happens to the deployed smart contracts when a hard fork occurs?
2) Does complete state data (along system event log data) also available on the newly forked chain?
3) If yes, do we also get the complete state of each smart contract on Both Chain?
4) If someone decides to continue to with existing chain, Do they / their users require performing any additional steps before continuing with their dapp?
5) If someone decides to continue with New Chain, what is expected from him and his users?
Answer: I believe, Yes their users should connect to new Chain (like we do using Metamask). any other pointers?
6) What are the known risks for Dapps systems running Ethereum as backend infrastructure in any of such hard fork?
6.1) Is there any good guide for mitigation plan on these risks (For production ready app)?
7) During BTC to BCH OR ETH to ETC (or any other famous harkfork), did we observe any such downtime or any other risk?