Series of events:
- Got excited about Ethereum and began to download Ethereum Wallet (7/14/2016)
- When prompted (before blockchain synched), I transferred about 2 BTC to my "Master Account" in three separate transfers (within about a 4 hour period)
- Blockchain continued to synch (at about 6000 blocks per minute)
- Flipped back and forth between menus talking about recipes for crowdfunding/DAO/currency... Then went to far "back" and reached the "create account" page at the front...
- The only way to proceed was to create another account, so I did. (I later learn that this public key is now a secondary account after my Master Account)
- Because I created 2 accounts (on accident, really), the blockchain began synching A SECOND TIME, and has been MUCH MUCH SLOWER (60 blocks a minute). At this rate, it will take over 10 days to synch if running continuously
- When I launch the Wallet (after a break from synching), then "skip" to the application, I can see that there are 2 accounts... The Master Account and the second account I accidentally created. Both accounts show 0 ETH
Where are my ETH? Do I need to wait for blockchain to finish synching before the ETH will be visible in the Ethereum Wallet? If so, what can I do to speed up the synching process?