I learned about GETH a few days ago. I need Geth to create wallets of etherum and make transactions with these wallets (I use geth instead of third-party api to create some programs related to eth). I very much hope that you will help me understand the following:
- What are the minimum system requirements for geth? (for creating accounts, making transactions)
- Is it necessary to synchronize a blockchain for creating accounts, making transactions?
- If not, how does it work? How to make an account and transaction without synchronization?
- How do I know if the synchronization is complete?
- Will errors occur when synchronizing the blockchain if you accidentally disable geth? (server shutdown or geth process termination)
- If so, how can I check for errors in the synchronized blockchain?
- Are there any alternatives that have web3 access?
I have a server running with geth --fast --cache = 2048.
System: cpu amd athlon II x2 220, 4 GB ram, 500 gb hdd 5400 rpm, OS ubuntu 16.04 x64.
With such parameters, ram is loaded to 100%, + 1GB swap file of 4 GB. I tried to change the parameter --cache to 128, 256, 512, 1024 and even to 16 MB, but ram always get 100% loaded. Blockchain is synchronized for 6 days already, blockNumber still 0.
Is this normal?
P.S. Sorry for my english, this is not my native language.
P.P.S. If you know the answer to at least one question, please answer me.