It got about 80% of the way through the blockchain download, then it just stopped and went to "finding peers" So I closed the wallet, restarted the PC, and now it just gets stuck on "connected to node". I have since moved the lightchaindata folder out, and am currently re-downloading. I imagine the same thing will happen again. What can I do?
Just going through similar crap myself. Here's the answer I arrived at:
- Close the Ethereum Wallet
gethin a terminal/command prompt (located at
~/Library/Application\ Support/Ethereum\ Wallet/binaries/Geth/unpacked/gethon OSX or
%AppData%\Ethereum Wallet\binaries\Geth\unpacked\gethon Windows)
- Open a second terminal/command prompt and run
geth attach(adding path to geth if required)
- Wait a few seconds then execute
eth.syncingin the geth console - pay attention to the numbers.
- Give it a few more seconds and re-run- check the sync is incrementing.
- If it is, open Ethereum Wallet and keep an eye on the first geth terminal/command prompt window for any errors. Ethereum Wallet will use that geth instance as it's local node.