This question already has an answer here:
- Explanation of Parity Library Suicide 2 answers
From my understanding, all I know is that ether got locked up in parity and there's no way to get it out. I'm not familar with parity, as I just use myetherwallet to store ether.
- Isn't parity just a node software like bitcoin core? Or is it a wallet?
- If its a smart contract that lives in the blockchain, isn't it immutable where it cannot be deleted?
- How did this bug get overlooked during a code audit? Assuming it was a simple bug that a newbie coder found and screwed up.
- What are some solutions to resolve this similar problem down the line?