One of the core philosophies of Ethereum is decentralization. However, there are still many valid use cases to provide centralized wallet services, exchanges being one of the most well known examples.
There seems to be very little information available how to technically implement deposits for such scenarios.
- What is the latest recommendation for the number of tx confirmations with the Homestead release? ¹
- Are there any libraries or services that provide sample implementations? ²
- What is the rough pseudo code implementation to handle this yourself?
- Any other considerations? ³
1) 5 confirmations mentioned here What number of confirmations is considered secure in Ethereum? and 12 here How should I handle blockchain forks in my DApp?, but how relevant these are still with the Homestead release?
2) reflux-tx is mentioned here How should I handle blockchain forks in my DApp?
3) I've seen Vitalik recommending running two nodes to reduce the risks.