I am very new to blockchain, so I just wanted to get some preliminary answers and clarity.
So currently we have a cloud database to manage certain documents (which contains sensitive information). These documents are important and necessary for trade finance i.e. verifying personnel need to view these documents (banks, customs etc.)
1) If an organisation develops their own blockchain, and request for us to be part of their network (assuming private blockchain), how would we interoperate their blockchain system with our cloud database?
- What sort of information would be included in each 'block' of the blockchain?
- From my understanding, it is possible to simply provide the whole document (i.e. in PDF or some other format), and included it on the blockchain, however that due to the size of the file it may not be ideal.
- The other potential option is for the blockchain system to create a hash value. Verifying personnel would compare the hash value to the document to check veracity. In this scenario, would the document need to have the hash key attached to it as well?
- The third option, (I'm not sure if this is possible), is to provide the blockchain network a URI, which can link personnel to our cloud database. The URI can be designed either to link the personnel straight to the document or they could be given a login key. In this scenario, would the URI need to be formatted in a special way?
As you guys probably know that I am fairly new to this blockchain, so please correct me if I am wrong in any part.