There doesn't seem to be much documentation on how to transition your truffle DApp from working locally to being migrated to the mainnet. Below are some steps I generally would think are necessary:
- Develop Smart Contract
- Compile and migrate contract into testrpc
- Test Smart Contract w/ testrpc, test scripts, etc.
- Build front end of DApp
- Test Dapp locally with testrpc on
- Compile and Migrate contract on mainnet
Step 7 is where my questions start:
- Which IP address do we use in the truffle.js file of the Dapp?
- What steps do we take to migrate the contract to mainnet AND make sure that the Dapp still works with live instance of the contract? I assume that we'll need to record the contract's live address and change some code around in the Dapp.
Lastly, some more theoretical questions related to migrating contract code onto various networks:
- How do test networks know which address is the contract owner, given that you don't need to deploy from a static account on test networks like you would on mainnet?
Thanks in advance!