I want to connect my Ledger Nano S to the Chrome Ethereum Wallet App, but it is unrecognized.
- I setup a Ledger Nano S with Pin and Passphrase.
- I downloaded the Chrome Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Manager apps.
- First I opened the Chrome App Ethereum Wallet.
- I connected the device; entered the PIN; navigated to Ethereum icon; and selected it by pushing both button simultaneously.
- The Chrome Ethereum wallet still says, "Connect your device."
I read on the ledger site that the firmware needs to be up-to-date. I checked my firmware version it is 1.3.1. I opened the Ledger Manager app, and noticed that the latest version of the Ethereum app is 1.0.17. The version currently installed on the Nano S is 1.0.8.
I tried to install the latest version of Ethereum app on my device. I get an "Unable to install application" error.
So I tried to uninstall the current version by clicking the trash can icon. I get an "Unable to remove application" error.
FYI The Chrome Bitcoin App seems to work just fine.
I contacted technical support, but it says the wait could be 24-48 hours...