so recently i got stolen in about 50k in Humaniq tokens .. it was a phishing website directed from a slack DM E-mail .. so the guy who stole them,has also stole a lot from other people but everything that comes in never comes out of his wallet and people are reporting his address .. HMQ(Humaniq tokens) are only on 3 or maybe 4 exchanges so only 4 ways to go. Is there any possibility to get my tokens back if i try communicating with exchanges and prove that this stolen fund belongs to me . Thank you

  • Here is the site that just stole my tokens [url removed]. Address sent to Address: 0x1f7869c802B9eB942a1D884F1A38127F928915d2
    – Steve Shep
    Aug 18, 2017 at 8:36
  • Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Please don't post URLs that have been involved in phishing attacks. The more instances of this URL that exist, the more chances there are that other people will (perhaps accidentally) click on it. I've edited your post to remove it. Also, this isn't an answer to the question, so I've flagged it as such I'm afraid. Aug 18, 2017 at 13:18
  • This does not provide an answer to the question. Once you have sufficient reputation you will be able to comment on any post; instead, provide answers that don't require clarification from the asker. - From Review
    – lungj
    Aug 18, 2017 at 16:16

1 Answer 1


What you need to remember is that exchanges tend to be run as for profit businesses.

You are correct to say that to sell the tokens the scammer will likely have to use one of these exchanges. If they do, then yes perhaps the exchanges will be able to 'lock' the stolen tokens.

That said, it may be cost prohibitive for them to discern to whom the tokens actually belong, and as such unless you make it worth their while they will likely not want to put in the effort to help you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.