This question is specifically related to blockchain use case. I want to implement degree verification process using blockchain . I just need to know whether I am approaching my objective in a right direction or not or any advice to better this approach. I am considering three main entities in this process.
- Central authentication party(For example in Pakistan there is Higher education commission which authenticate every degree from every university).
Below down is the workflow.
- Student will login using his enrollment number or something else. He will be given his public-private keys.
- Student will fill degree template on his portal with necessary information like GPA etc.
- Student will sign this template using private key for authentication purposes.
- Now university will assess this template and if everything is correct will add its digital signature using its private key.
- Now template will go to third party which authenticate university digital signature and if university is recognized then it will add its signature . and push this certificate to blockchain (public repository) so that anyone can verify.
One of my main concern is this approach still leads me to centralized approach.
Any suggestions please regarding this.