I am looking for clarity on transaction tree structure. Below I have listed my understanding
- If I am not wrong the state changes are tracked in a single state tree.
- Each block has a state root hash pointing to the root having the state of the accounts taking part in the set of transactions to that block
- So as the blocks keep on adding (i.e. there are changes in state of accounts) this state tree grows
- But how about the transaction tree
- Are the transaction root hash present in a block pointing to individual tree roots or again its a single tree like state tree (i.e. it points to various root levels)
- To highlight this difference I have created two diagrams for state and transaction trees.
- So what I am trying to say is all the blocks refer to a common state tree. But each block is having its own transaction tree
- Please share your views and correct me where you feel I am wrong