Ethereum is pretty expensive so I'm looking for other blockchains where I can deploy a smart contract that can receive USDT and transfer USDT to other addresses. Are there any that user Solidity? what should I be aware of when I choose an alternative?

2 Answers 2


You can use any blockchain that is Ethereum Virtual Machine(EVM) compatible to deploy your smart contract in solidity.

The thing you should be most aware of while choosing one the those blockchain is gas Price.

Some of the available alternatives of Ethereum blockchain are:

  1. Polygon's POS Chain
  2. Binance Smart Chain
  3. Optimism Blockchain
  4. Arbitrum Blockchain
  5. Fantom's Opera Chain
  6. Near's Aurora Chain
  7. Avalanche Blockchain

According to me taking all factors like gas price, active users, degree of decentralisation and security into consideration Polygon's POS chain is best among all.

  • So if I choose Polygon, will I be able to get USDT from anyone, or just accounts that have USDT on Polygon? By the way, what about Algorand? Feb 26, 2022 at 15:25
  • you can get USDT( which is a MRC-20 token on polygon blockchain) from anyone. There are lot of others stable coin polygon like USDC etc. Algorand is also quite good but not yet battle tested like polygon.
    – Proton
    Feb 27, 2022 at 6:51
  • are you sure? There's no need for a specific bridge for each 2 blockchains? Feb 27, 2022 at 14:43
  • 1
    you will obviously need a bridge to move your asset between different blockchains. I was referring to USDT present in polygon POS chain or any other MRC-20 token in general
    – Proton
    Mar 1, 2022 at 17:46
  • Binance Smart Chain
  • Polygon and there are several other chains.
  • And I'll be able to receive USDT from any account that has USDT, or only if it has USDT on the same blockchain as my smart contract? Feb 26, 2022 at 1:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.