This is a community wiki of vanity address generators, sorted by name.
- You should always check that you can use your newly generated addresses before sending any significant amount of ethers to these addresses.
- You could send a small amount of ethers to your newly generated address, then move a small portion of these ethers from your newly generated address to another address.
- You could cross-check your generated address against an air-gapped (if you are paranoid) installation of https://www.myetherwallet.com/.
@tayvano is one of the authors.
- Better still cross-check your generated address by importing your newly generated private key into
geth (see How to import a plain private key into geth or Mist?).
Vanity Address Generators
Download from ethaddress.org or run from the Internet on your web browser from https://ryepdx.github.io/ethaddress.org/.
@ryepdx is the author.
- This is a full paper wallet generator that includes a bulk vanity generator
- It is safer to download the ethaddress.org - master.zip from github, copy the package to an air-gapped computer (if you are paranoid), unzip the files and browse index.html.
- There was a bug #19 in the address generation due to bug in the downstream ethereumjs-tx dependency, but this is now fixed. If you have downloaded this package prior to 03/03/2016, please re-download the package.
Ethaddrgen is a multicore command line utility written in Rust for generating Ethereum vanity addresses. It includes support for pattern lists, regexp, continuous results, and more.
Vanieth - Written in Go
Vanityreum - Written in Python
Vanity-ETH is an ETH vanity address generator that runs in your web browser.
- It can save your generated address into a password encrypted JSON/UTC keystore file compatible with MyEtherWallet, MetaMask, Mist, geth...
- I runs from any computer, no software needed other than a web browser
- You can download a build and make it work completely offline if you're paranoid
profanity is a vanity address generator for Ethereum that utilizes computing power from GPUs using OpenCL.
Vanity Identicon Generators
Ethereum Vanity Identicon Generator
- Although it can be used to generate vanity addresses, its primary purpose is to generate addresses which have unusual or distinctive identicons.
- Identicons can be filtered by symmetry, number of colors, contrast-ratio and color scheme.