- How would you deal with a user who produced a steady stream of valuable answers, but tends to generate a large number of arguments/flags from comments?
At some point I was probably #1 in flagging this kind of behavior, since I got tired of the verbal abuse. I don't see why we couldn't simply discuss with the user and try to find some sort of a compromise. But, in the end, we're here for the community - not for a single user.
- How would you handle a situation where another mod closed/deleted/etc. a question that you feel shouldn’t have been?
If it's important enough for me, I'd simply discuss it with the mod. In most cases it probably wouldn't be important enough.
- Is there any particular work, review queues, questions, answers, edits, or moderating on Ethereum Stack Exchange that you are especially proud of or take pleasure in?
I'm actually not very active with the review queues :/ But in general, even if it's "against the rules", I really enjoy it when users comment on my answers that it was super helpful and thanks.
On the other hand, what I dislike is users who ask the same questions again and again with slight variations, since they feel they deserve more answers.
- What keeps you motivated and coming and contributing to the Ethereum Stack Exchange?
The feedback from users. Also, I appreciate when someone comments on my old answer something like "hey, actually this is not exactly correct..." and I have a chance to correct the answer.
- In your opinion, What would be the best strategy to deal with Spammers and hostile users? What would you do against someone who keeps posting comments like: "Are you dumb, use google before posting here". ?
Honestly, sometimes I also feel like commenting something similar.
If it's simply spamming multiple times, and obviously a new user, probably easiest to simply ban. Otherwise it may be some temporary problem and some temporary measures may be better. But direct discussion also wouldn't hurt.
- In your opinion, what do moderators do?
As little as possible! Seriously. They should only exist to take care of edge cases which can't be handled in any other way. Every now and then some firm action is required which regular users can't perform, to keep the forum clean and as user-friendly as possible.
- A diamond will be attached to everything you say and have said in the past, including questions, answers and comments. Everything you will do will be seen under a different light. How do you feel about that?
Luckily I didn't start leaving my mark here some 20 years ago, and I'd say I know how to behave nowadays :) I feel I've done a good job here so far and I wouldn't do anything differently. Hopefully the same will continue, regardless of whether I'm voted in or not.
- In what way do you feel that being a moderator will make you more effective as opposed to simply reaching 10k or 20k rep?
To take care of the aforementioned edge cases.
I really don't even know what all tools moderators have...